Arbor Day is an observed holiday that commemorates Sun Yat-sen’s passing on 12 March 1925. He was the first president of Taiwan.
Sun Yat-sen was a Chinese philosopher, physician, and politician, who served as the provisional first president of Taiwan and the first leader of the Kuomintang (KMT).
He is referred to as the “Father of the Nation” in Taiwan for his instrumental role in the overthrow of the Qing dynasty during the Xinhai Revolution. Sun Yat-sen is unique among 20th-century Chinese leaders for being widely revered in Taiwan.
🗓️ Arbor Day is an observed holiday, all schools and businesses should still be running as usual.
- Ghost Month 2022 - 29/07/2022 - 26/08/2022 - All Day
- Ghost Festival - 12/08/2022 - All Day
- Armed Forces Day - 03/09/2022 - All Day
- Mid-Autumn Festival - 09/09/2022 - 10/09/2022 - All Day
- Teachers Day - 28/09/2022 - All Day
- Double Ninth Day - 04/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan National Day - 10/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 25/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan LGBT Pride Day - 29/10/2022 - All Day
- Halloween - 31/10/2022 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 08/11/2022 - All Day
- Sun Yat-sen’s Birthday - 12/11/2022 - All Day
- Thanksgiving - 24/11/2022 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 22/12/2022 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day
- Constitution Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day
- New Year’s Eve of 2023 - 31/12/2022 - All Day