The Double Ninth Festival (also known as the Chung Yeung Festival) is celebrated in Taiwan as an observed holiday on the ninth day of the ninth month in the Chinese calendar.
This festival also goes by other names such as the Festival of High Places and Autumn Remembrance.
On this holiday, many traditional locals may visit the graves of their ancestors to pay their respects.
It’s also considered good luck to travel to a high place on this festival. You may even see locals flying kites, as it’s said to be a traditional custom that kites can carry bad luck up into the sky.
🗓️ The Double Ninth Festival is an observed holiday, all schools and businesses should still be running as usual.
- A Tale From Beyond - 10/01/2022 - 8:00 PM - 11:59 PM
- Double Ninth Day - 10/04/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan National Day - 10/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 10/25/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan LGBT Pride Day - 10/29/2022 - All Day
- Halloween - 10/31/2022 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 11/08/2022 - All Day
- Sun Yat-sen’s Birthday - 11/12/2022 - All Day
- Thanksgiving - 11/24/2022 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 12/22/2022 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 12/25/2022 - All Day
- Constitution Day - 12/25/2022 - All Day
- New Year’s Eve of 2023 - 12/31/2022 - All Day