Taiwan celebrates Father’s Day as an observed holiday on August 8.
People often take their fathers out for dinner, give gifts, or at least call them to give them a greeting.
The reason fathers day is celebrated on August 8 is that the two number eights 八八 (bā bā) phonetically sound like papa 爸爸 (bà bà) in Chinese.
🗓️ Father’s Day is an observed holiday, all schools and businesses should still be running as usual.
What’s events will take place on this day?
★ Currently, there hasn’t been anything officially announced to happen on Father’s Day in Taiwan for 2022.
Stay tuned as we’ll update the event details when any upcoming events get announced.
In any case, you’re still likely to see families celebrating Father’s Day despite any possible announced Covid-19 regulations. Last year (2021) saw families celebrating this special event safely in parks to avoid crowded places.
Source: Taipei Times
- Ghost Month 2022 - 29/07/2022 - 26/08/2022 - All Day
- Ghost Festival - 12/08/2022 - All Day
- Armed Forces Day - 03/09/2022 - All Day
- Mid-Autumn Festival - 09/09/2022 - 10/09/2022 - All Day
- Teachers Day - 28/09/2022 - All Day
- Double Ninth Day - 04/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan National Day - 10/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 25/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan LGBT Pride Day - 29/10/2022 - All Day
- Halloween - 31/10/2022 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 08/11/2022 - All Day
- Sun Yat-sen’s Birthday - 12/11/2022 - All Day
- Thanksgiving - 24/11/2022 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 22/12/2022 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day
- Constitution Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day
- New Year’s Eve of 2023 - 31/12/2022 - All Day