Caoling Historic Trail
(11km Hike from Gongliao District to Yilan County) Gongliao District
New Taipei City
Date & Time
Date(s) - 04/12/2021
7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Join Parkbus Taiwan for an amazing day out hiking the 11km Caoling Historic Trail from Gongliao District in New Taipei City to Yilan County and the East Coast of Taiwan!
This is going to be awesome!
Parkbus Taiwan takes the pain out of planning transportation as this hike is a linear trail. This is a convenient way to experience this amazing hike!
HOW TO SIGN UP
Please complete the form at the link below:
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
Confirmation of reservation & details on exact pick up location be emailed to those who complete payment and the Google Form above.
• 07:30 – Bus Pick Up: Taipei Main Station（在台北車站集合並搭上 Parkbus）
• 08:45 – Arrive at Caoling Historic Trail’s trailhead（抵達草嶺古道）
• 09:00 – Hike from Gongliao District in New Taipei City to Dali Train Station on the East Coast of Taiwan – This hike will take a combined 11km. This should take between 4-6 hours
• 16:00 – Bus Departure from Dali Visitor Service Center
• 17:30 – Estimated Return: Taipei Main Station
This trip will drop passengers off at the Caoling Historic Trail trailhead near Fulong and will pick the entire group up at Dali Visitor Center in Yilan. Participants must understand that this is a linear hiking day along the Caoling Historic Trail between New Taipei City and Yilan County.
There will be no return transportation from Fulong. This trip requires participants to have decent fitness endurance levels to hike approximately 10-12km over modest elevation. This is not a technical hike, but does cover some distance.
NTD$850 – adult (14+),
NTD$500 – child (4-13),
FREE – child <4, or NTD$500 sitting by themselves.
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
✅ Reservable ticket（可保留車位）
✅ Return bus service（來回交通服務）
✅ Passenger insurance on bus（交通強制險）
✅ Travel insurance（旅遊平安險）
❌ Guiding services（導覽服務）
❌ Food or drinks（午餐）
❌ Additional stops（園區外之停靠點）
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Transportation-only service. No guides provided.
• Participants can hike together or by themselves.
• Tranquil forests as well as rolling meadows and stunning views over the east coast of Taiwan and across the Pacific Ocean.
• Wildlife including birds & butterflies, several species of frogs, wild buffalo and more.
• Visitor Centre in Dali with bilingual exhibits on local animal & plant ecology.
WHAT TO BRING
• Water, lunch, snacks, personal items (e.g. bug repellant, camera, money, etc). Come prepared with everything you’ll need for the day.
• Store is open in Dali/Yilan, but there are no services along this linear route. You will need to bring water and other snacks for the 11km hike,
• Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots,
• Weather-appropriate clothing. Check forecast closer to date.
You alone are responsible for your safety in the parks we visit. Many dangers exist, natural and man-made.
You alone are responsible for being at pickup/drop-off areas on time. If you miss the return bus, you may become stranded in an area with no cellphone reception and will be responsible for arranging alternative transportation.
COVID19 (before embarking)
• Temperature check,
• 75% Alcohol Hand Sanitizer Spray,
• Face masks required.
• Notify 14+ days before travel date (Full refund)
• Notify 13 days and up to 2 days before departure (50% refund)
• Tickets cancelled <48 hours of departure (Non-refundable)
• All refunds sent through bank transfers. Refund (less transaction fee) provided within 4 business days.
• Name changes are free of charge.
⬅ Go Back