Saint Patrick’s Day is an Irish celebration held on 17 March which has some importance to expats in Taiwan.
As this event date approaches, the Irish scene comes alive in Taiwan, leaving many wondering how much Ireland has impacted this country.
Many events are typically held around Saint Patrick’s Day as a great way to get out, meet the Irish contingent, and experience a bit of the culture. St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland but is largely honored through drinking and partying at pubs, rather than religious activities.
Here are some St. Patrick’s Day events happening in Taipei
- Ghost Month 2022 - 29/07/2022 - 26/08/2022 - All Day
- Armed Forces Day - 03/09/2022 - All Day
- Mid-Autumn Festival - 09/09/2022 - 10/09/2022 - All Day
- Teachers Day - 28/09/2022 - All Day
- Double Ninth Day - 04/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan National Day - 10/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 25/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan LGBT Pride Day - 29/10/2022 - All Day
- Halloween - 31/10/2022 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 08/11/2022 - All Day
- Sun Yat-sen’s Birthday - 12/11/2022 - All Day
- Thanksgiving - 24/11/2022 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 22/12/2022 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day
- Constitution Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day
- New Year’s Eve of 2023 - 31/12/2022 - All Day