Holidays in Taiwan 2022
Date & Time
Date(s) - 08/11/2022
The Saisiat Festival is one of the aboriginal tribes in Taiwan that inhabit the mountains separating Hsinchu and Miaoli counties.
Also spelled as ‘Saisiyat’, means “true people” and is reflective of the ethnocentric outlook that is common to indigenous groups throughout the world. Inhabiting the mountains separating Hsinchu and Miaoli counties, the approximately 7,000, saisha are divided into northern and southern subgroups.
Saisiyat society is organized along patriarchal lines, with each clan maintaining its own totems and symbols. This tribe is known for its biennial Dwarf Festival.
Look out for the colorful temple parades and captivating performances that may happen across the city on this day!
🗓️ This festival happens every 2 years and it lands in 2022. Therefore, the next time Saisiat Festival will happen after this year will be 2024.
🗓️ Saisiat Festival is an observed holiday, all schools and businesses should still be running as usual.
★ Currently, there hasn’t been anything officially announced to happen on Saisiat Festival in Taiwan for 2022.
Stay tuned as we’ll update the event details when any upcoming events get announced.
⬅ Go Back
Related Upcoming Events
- Dragon Boat Festival - 03/06/2022 - All Day
- Ghost Month 2022 - 29/07/2022 - 26/08/2022 - All Day
- Chinese Valentine's Day - 04/08/2022 - All Day
- Ghost Festival - 12/08/2022 - All Day
- Armed Forces Day - 03/09/2022 - All Day
- Mid-Autumn Festival - 09/09/2022 - 10/09/2022 - All Day
- Double Ninth Day - 04/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 25/10/2022 - All Day
- Halloween - 31/10/2022 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 08/11/2022 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 22/12/2022 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day