Date & Time
Date(s) - 08/11/2022
The Saisiat Festival is one of the aboriginal tribes in Taiwan that inhabit the mountains separating Hsinchu and Miaoli counties.
Also spelt as ‘Saisiyat’, means “true people” and is reflective of the ethnocentric outlook that is common to indigenous groups throughout the world. Inhabiting the mountains separating Hsinchu and Miaoli counties, the approximately 7,000, saisha are divided into northern and southern subgroups.
Saisiyat society is organized along patriarchal lines, with each clan maintaining its own totems and symbols. This tribe is known for its biennial Dwarf Festival.
Look out for the colorful temple parades and captivating performances that may happen across the city on this day!
⬅ Go Back
Related Upcoming Events
- Labor Day - 30/04/2021 - 01/05/2021 - All Day
- Dragon Boat Festival - 14/06/2021 - All Day
- Chinese Valentine's Day - 14/08/2021 - All Day
- Armed Forces Day - 03/09/2021 - All Day
- Mid-Autumn Festival - 21/09/2021 - All Day
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 25/10/2021 - All Day
- Halloween - 31/10/2021 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 21/12/2021 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 25/12/2021 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 08/11/2022 - All Day