Holidays in Taiwan 2022
Date & Time
Date(s) - 24/11/2022
Thanksgiving Day is a holiday celebrated by Americans in Taiwan on the fourth Thursday of November.
Many Americans and Canadians enjoy getting together to share their widely practiced ritual with other expats and locals to share a huge Thanksgiving meal.
This usually includes turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, corn, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pies.
🗓️ Thanksgiving is an observed holiday, all schools and businesses should still be running as usual. There may be events and celebrational activities organized by various schools and companies across Taiwan.
Making your own Thanksgiving meal
For many, there’s no better Thanksgiving meal than a home-cooked feast. Many ingredients may not be that easy to get hold of in Taiwan, here’s a list of ideal places on what you can get, and from where:
1. Costco usually sells frozen 10-pound (4.5kg) turkeys. Supplies are limited, so call your local store first to check if they have any in stock. The wholesaler also offers 11-pound, pre-cooked turkeys that come with gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Orders must be placed and payment made at least three days before pickup. Store locations are listed at costco.com.tw.
2. Thomas Meat offers frozen turkeys weighing between 5kg and 9kg. Again, it’s best to call first as supplies are limited. Thomas Meat also has a special on smoked turkeys, available which includes free delivery to anywhere in the country. The distributor will only deliver frozen turkeys. If you’re in Taipei, the store is easy to reach: It’s near Wanlong MRT Station, Exit 4. Website: thomasmeat.com.tw.
3. Jason’s supermarket is another option. They typically sell 11-pound frozen turkeys, and the store can roast it for you as part of a set package that includes a 7-inch (18cm) pumpkin pie, red wine gravy, and a berry sauce. Pre-cooked turkeys must be ordered and paid for in person at a Jason’s store five days before pickup. Visit jasons.com.tw for store locations and phone numbers.
Last years top Taipei Thanksgiving dining options:
For those longing for a Thanksgiving dinner in Taipei, including turkey with all the fixings, the Taiwan News created a list of restaurants and hotels that offer either dine-in opportunities or Thanksgiving hampers for carrying out.
★ As for this year’s top thanksgiving options in Taipei, nothing has been officially announced yet for 2022.
Stay tuned as we’ll update the thanksgiving options list when any get announced.
⬅ Go Back
Related Upcoming Events
- Taipei Pub-Crawl ~ FREE MTV Afterparty - 02/07/2022 - 6:00 PM - 11:45 PM
- Ghost Month 2022 - 29/07/2022 - 26/08/2022 - All Day
- Chinese Valentine's Day - 04/08/2022 - All Day
- Father's Day - 08/08/2022 - All Day
- Ghost Festival - 12/08/2022 - All Day
- Armed Forces Day - 03/09/2022 - All Day
- Mid-Autumn Festival - 09/09/2022 - 10/09/2022 - All Day
- Teachers Day - 28/09/2022 - All Day
- Double Ninth Day - 04/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan National Day - 10/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 25/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan LGBT Pride Day - 29/10/2022 - All Day
- Halloween - 31/10/2022 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 08/11/2022 - All Day
- Sun Yat-sen’s Birthday - 12/11/2022 - All Day
- Thanksgiving - 24/11/2022 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 22/12/2022 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day
- Constitution Day - 25/12/2022 - All Day
- New Year’s Eve of 2023 - 31/12/2022 - All Day