TSWU and the Ukrainian Community are inviting everyone to celebrate Ukraine’s Independence Day together.
On August 27 we will host a cultural festival at our open-air Ukrainian Village in Taipei. Come join us, as we celebrate Ukraine’s independence, freedom, and cultural heritage!
What are we preparing for you?
– Lots of Ukrainian food, drinks, and snacks.
– A flea market and various gifts – all sold for charity.
– A series of traditional crafts workshops for both kids and adults.
– Good music, and touching performances.
After centuries of Russian oppression and struggle for freedom, Ukraine finally gained its independence from the Soviet Union on August 24, 1991. Since then, the Ukrainian people have been building their democratic nation and reclaiming their pride as Ukrainians, which was discouraged under the Soviet regime.
Yet, Russian full-scale invasion and annexation of Ukrainian lands show that freedom is never the final destination – it is a constant struggle.
The war is still going on. Russia is still killing our people, and bombing our cities and homes. But the Ukrainian people are bravely resisting evil. That is why Ukraine’s Independence Day now is more meaningful than ever.
Come support the spirit of freedom and celebrate Ukraine’s independence with us! All festival and charity market proceeds will be given to local volunteer organizations in Ukraine.
- Zero Gravity Film Club - Screening - 10/13/2022 - 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 10/25/2022 - All Day
- Halloween - 10/31/2022 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 11/08/2022 - All Day
- Taipei Shorts 5 - 11/11/2022 - 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Dōngzhì Festival - 12/22/2022 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 12/25/2022 - All Day