Holidays in Taiwan 2021
Date & Time
Date(s) - 14/02/2021
Valentine’s Day is an annual celebration on February 14 which has some importance in Taiwan.
It originated as a Western Christian liturgical feast day, and is recognized as a significant cultural and commercial celebration in many regions around the world as well as Taiwan, although it is not a public holiday.
Across many Asian countries, including Taiwan, Valentine’s Day was traditionally for women to buy romantic gifts for men. It would then be a month later on March 14th, known as White Day, that the men would be expected to ‘answer’ to the Valentine’s Day gifts, and as it would be the men’s turn to give women chocolate, jewellery, lingerie, cookies or marshmallows. It’s expected that the gift from the man should be twice or thrice more expensive than the Valentine’s gift.
⬅ Go Back
Related Upcoming Events
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 25/10/2021 - All Day
- Taiwan LGBT Pride Parade - 30/10/2021 - 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Halloween - 31/10/2021 - All Day
- Sun Yat-sen’s Birthday - 12/11/2021 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 21/12/2021 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 25/12/2021 - All Day
- Constitution Day - 25/12/2021 - All Day
- New Year’s Eve - 31/12/2021 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 08/11/2022 - All Day