Valentine’s Day is an annual celebration on February 14 which has some importance in Taiwan.
Despite originating from a Western Christian liturgical feast day, it’s still socially recognized as a significant cultural and commercial celebration in Taiwan.
🗓️ Valentines Day is an observed holiday, all schools and businesses should still be running as usual.
Looking for places to date in Taipei?
The business district has always been a popular dating spot in Taipei. Many restaurants and shopping centers surrounding Taipei 101 are likely to offer promotions exclusively for Valentine’s Day, however, it’s best to book a table early since most places get fully booked as the date nears.
One of the best and quickest ways to book at most restaurants is through their official Facebook page. If they don’t offer a booking service directly through the platform, most restaurant Facebook pages usually redirect you to their website bookings page.
Miramar Entertainment Park
The Ferris wheel is always a romantic symbol. The shopping center in Neihu, Taipei offers a Ferris wheel ride, a great itinerary for the special day.
Taipei Rainbow Bridge
It’s a 2-minute walk from Raohe St. Night Market. Taipei Rainbow Bridge is located in Songshan District; Taipei near Raohe St. Night Market is the new hot spot for couples. With the bridge available for couples to sign and lock their locks on the fence symbolizing lasting relationships, Taipei Rainbow Bridge is a great place to spend the evening.
Tamsui Fishermen’s Wharf
Tamsui old street along the river has always been a popular attraction in Taipei for couples or not. The coming Valentine’s Day should spice up the romantic riverside journey a lot more.
- A Tale From Beyond - 10/01/2022 - 8:00 PM - 11:59 PM
- Double Ninth Day - 10/04/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan National Day - 10/10/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan’s Retrocession Day - 10/25/2022 - All Day
- Taiwan LGBT Pride Day - 10/29/2022 - All Day
- Halloween - 10/31/2022 - All Day
- Saisiat Festival - 11/08/2022 - All Day
- Sun Yat-sen’s Birthday - 11/12/2022 - All Day
- Thanksgiving - 11/24/2022 - All Day
- Dōngzhì Festival - 12/22/2022 - All Day
- Christmas Day - 12/25/2022 - All Day
- Constitution Day - 12/25/2022 - All Day
- New Year’s Eve of 2023 - 12/31/2022 - All Day