2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
      Elwood Mathy
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Taipei in a few months, and I am really looking forward to it!! ?
      I have a question about electronic appliances, I am located in Australia, and I was told I won’t be able to use them in Taipei. What would you recommend? Leave them in Australia and buy new ones? Or buy a transformer and use them over there?

Thanks all!

Andy Howell
      Participant

Voltage is 110 volts 60 hz. Most electronic devices like laptops and phones are rated 100/240 V, 50/60HZ so will work fine but you’ll find high power devices like hairdryers will be rated at 220V and will require a transformer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to Participate in Forums

In Your Shopping Cart

The Taipei Community

Taipei Classifieds: Top Picks

• English Classes With Native Speaker
    I am a native American English speaker, and I am an experienced, TESOL certified ESL/English language tutor, offering private skype/Wechat tutorial lessons to improve your understanding of English. · Learn to speak English from the…

[Read more]

Taipei Classifieds: Latest Ads

• Looking for a few Teaching Hours
    I am looking for a few teaching hours after 5pm if you know of anyone hiring in and around the Taipei new Taipei area. If anyone has any leads kindly add my line and message…

[Read more]

• Fish Tank Accessories for Sale
    I've bought a larger fish tank as my turtle outgrew his small one, and looking to sell my leftover fish tank accessories since I don't need them after the upgrade. Everything is just a year…

[Read more]

Search Local Ads

Recent Media

Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop