Your Taipei Community & Guide Forums Jobs & Opportunities in Taipei Teaching in Taipei How much can I earn as an English Teacher in Taiwan?

3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      NewtonWhicy
      Participant

Hi community,

May I ask, how much can I earn as an English Teacher in Taiwan?

I’ve heard it’s a lot, but how does that fair in terms in making savings?

I’ve heard mixed stories of yes and now, obviously nothing too clear.

Thanks for your time.

Daniel Roberts
      Participant

Teaching pay in Taiwan is often considered high, around $700- $1,000/month depending on your spending habits.

I worked full-time at a kindergarten and cram school teaching English in Taipei. I made roughly $2200 per month working 25 teaching hours per week. I spent about 5 hours of prepping of those hours, so it came out to roughly 30ish hours per week of total work. Rent was pretty much $300 per month and I spent around $1000 per month on going out, traveling, nice dinners, public transport, cell phone, and other miscellaneous bills. So at the end of the month, I was saving around $800-$900. – I definitely could have saved much more.

All my $$$ is in USD by the way.

NewtonWhicy
      Participant

Thanks man, that’s a decent answer, thanks for expressing it.

Lauren Buckner
      Participant

As for teaching in Taipei, teachers in public schools can expect to make a salary in the range of NT 60,000-70,000 (around $2,000-2,400 USD) per month.

Public school jobs in typically offer performance bonuses upon contract completion; contracts can range from 6-12 months as well.

Lauren Buckner
      Participant

Oh, and teaching salaries for private schools are a bit less. The range you can expect is something like NT 40,000-62,000 (approximately $1,400-2,100 USD) per month.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to Participate in Forums

In Your Shopping Cart

Recent Forum Posts

Upcoming Events

• No events
  • Taipei Classifieds: Top Picks

• Selling Our Much Loved Dining Room Set
      Selling our much-loved dining room set. IKEA Mörbylanga oak Table $10.000 NTD Link: https://www.ikea.com.tw/en/products/dining-tables/tables/morbylanga-art-70386249 4 IKEA Chairs VOLFGANG 4 pieces 7.000ntd Link: https://www.ikea.com.tw/en/products/dining-seating/upholstered-chairs/volfgang-art-50402354 You can have both for $15.000 NTD. Please organize your own pick-up.…

[Read more]

Taipei Classifieds: Latest Ads

• Trusted Spiritual Healer And Psychic Reader
      I am born with mystical powers and can communicate any time with the spiritual world. My specialties include: 1. Finding balance and happiness in life. 2. Fulfill your life’s high purpose and destiny 3. Bring…

[Read more]

• Online Opportunity From Home
      We are offering Work from home Income Opportunity Suitable for all ages. Earn at your home comfort in your flexible time, Students, House-wives, Retired Person can join us and start earning today. Internet Access and…

[Read more]

Search Local Ads

Recent Media

Your Cart
      Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop