2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
      NewtonWhicy
      Participant

Hi community,

May I ask, how much can I earn as an English Teacher in Taiwan?

I’ve heard it’s a lot, but how does that fair in terms in making savings?

I’ve heard mixed stories of yes and now, obviously nothing too clear.

Thanks for your time.

Daniel Roberts
      Participant

Teaching pay in Taiwan is often considered high, around $700- $1,000/month depending on your spending habits.

I worked full-time at a kindergarten and cram school teaching English in Taipei. I made roughly $2200 per month working 25 teaching hours per week. I spent about 5 hours of prepping of those hours, so it came out to roughly 30ish hours per week of total work. Rent was pretty much $300 per month and I spent around $1000 per month on going out, traveling, nice dinners, public transport, cell phone, and other miscellaneous bills. So at the end of the month, I was saving around $800-$900. – I definitely could have saved much more.

All my $$$ is in USD by the way.

NewtonWhicy
      Participant

Thanks man, that’s a decent answer, thanks for expressing it.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

In Your Shopping Cart

The Taipei Community

Upcoming Events

Taipei Classifieds: Top Picks

• I Provide 1 on 1 & Online Mandarin Classes
    I provide the one on one and online mandarin classes. The materials I use is 當代中文課程 and customized presentations. You can also bring your own preferred materials. I started to teach Mandarin from 2010 in…

[Read more]

Taipei Classifieds: Latest Ads

• Ikea Mattress Topper TUSSÖY
    Only used for about a month since we found a new place with a larger bed just after buying it. It definitely improved my sleep though. The original price was TWD 3,299 and the size…

[Read more]

• HOW TO BEST ADJUST AS AN EXPATRIATE: survey
    Hello! I’m Leonardo, a student from Bocconi University in Milan and I really need you for my final thesis! By filling out this survey you’ll help me in order to study the determinants of expatriate…

[Read more]

Search Local Ads

Recent Media

Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop