5 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      Andy Howell
      Participant

Everyone, just a heads-up if you’ve registered for the E-gate immigration route: When arriving into Taiyuan International Airport in Taiwan (not sure about the others actually), and you’ve renewed your ARC or passport, you would need to re-register all over again, (another photo taken and your eyes and fingerprints scanned again for it to work.

Anyone actually use the E-gate immigration route rather than waiting longer in the queue for the conventional method? I think even so, it’s still a lot more convenient, right?

Chad Day
      Participant

Ya I use that, it’s awesome! I just smile and wave at all the suckers that don’t use it!

Adrian
      Participant

Hahah, same!

I was encouraged to use it last year, but I later changed my address, and therefore, my ARC, too). This meant that I had to reregister all over again for the e-gate.

Even so, reregistering and going through it was still much faster than everyone else and the conventional route!

Lauren Buckner
      Participant

I’ve heard from recent news, (I think the Taipei Times), that they want new users to pay for registering to use the e-gates? Something about needing the funds to run them not that more and more people are using them.

Ben Stones
      Participant

It’s not the only thing they’re saying about them:

Apparently, officials bought biometric equipment from China for use in the e-Gates in the nation’s three major airports.

I wonder who has your details now…

News Source:

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2017/12/04/2003683391

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to Participate in Forums

In Your Shopping Cart

The Taipei Community

Recent Forum Posts

Upcoming Events

Taipei Classifieds: Top Picks

• Garage Sale
    2x air heater 1x fridge 1x automated leg massager 2x sofas 1x water heater 1x rice cooker ALL FOR ONLY 5000 NTD!! Please do cherish this opportunity as we are leaving Taiwan.

[Read more]

Taipei Classifieds: Latest Ads

Search Local Ads

Recent Media

Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop