2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
      Anna Jenkins
      Participant

My husband and I are moving from Portland, Oregon to Taipei in August. We have e-bikes that we want to bring, however, due to the battery, we are unable to.

Is it possible to purchase an e-bike battery in Taiwan at a reasonable cost? Secondly, since so many bicycles are manufactured in Taiwan, do they tend to be a lot cheaper if purchased there?

Any information is much appreciated. Thank you all.

Ibrahim Jamiu
      Participant

I’ve actually looked into this for a while. The e-bike market in Taiwan is surprisingly small.

Most companies just export out and do not care about selling locally. You would be surprised by how few models are available. Prices are high. It’s so bad that I started making contacts directly with manufacturers to buy a couple of bikes directly.

You should perhaps consider shipping your battery. You can ship the bicycle and battery separately. There are special shipping companies for batteries.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to Participate in Forums

In Your Shopping Cart

Taipei Classifieds: Top Picks

• House to rent for the Summer
    Looking for a house that I can rent for month this Summer, for my brother and his family when they come to visit. Budget: Around $15,000 Must have two bedrooms and be near a red…

[Read more]

Taipei Classifieds: Latest Ads

Search Local Ads</span>

Recent Media

Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop