Your Taipei Community & Guide Forums Housing, Rooms & Apartments Where are the best neighborhoods to live in Taipei?

4 voices
3 replies
  • Author
      Mark Deakin
      Participant

Hi expats,

I have been making plans to come live in Taiwan (Taipei) when the borders open (hopefully soon!).

Most of my planning and life organization is set, but i can’t for the life of me pick a good district / neighborhood to live in when I start looking for apartments (and schools in that area since I want to be an English teacher)

Any of you have any suggestions or recommendations to help me find the best area?

Thanks everyone in advance!!

Charles Blurl
      Participant

Hi Mark, I’m a student living in Taipei, in the Shdia area – near the NTU (National Taiwan Normal University).

The Shida area, as well as Guting and Gonguan may all be mainly student areas, but that has made the area super affordable – and there are many schools in the area (all levels from kindergarten to beyond junior highs schoolers).

Any of these 3 said places are interesting and awesome places to live in Taipei in my opinion. You get to see a lot of fashion and culture.

Daniel Roberts
      Participant

The Songshan District for sure, especially near the Nanjing Sanmin Station.

The Nanjing Sanmin road has a long strip of various shops, malls, and cafes – that as well as surrounding affordable apartment blocks (big and small single rooms).

It’s also walkable distance to Taipei 101 (Taipei city centre), despite being an area of inexpensive small livable apartments.

By the way, I’m an English teacher in that area, too and I’ve noticed there are many schools in and around that area – so you’d be very fine.

Ray Pfeiler
      Participant

Xyini, Songshan, Da’an distracts are all ideal options.

Many surrounding schools in desperate need for teachers – especially in times like this where currently borders are still largely closed…

These districts make ideal neighborhoods for anything from an awesome night life, shopping areas and parks that have basketball & tennis courts.

You should definitely check them out for sure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to Participate in Forums

In Your Shopping Cart

Taipei Classifieds: Top Picks

Taipei Classifieds: Latest Ads

Search Local Ads</span>

Recent Media

Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop